Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Bun in the Oven

Hello? Anybody there?

Boy has time flown by! Long time no see, huh? One day, I'm cooking up a storm and the next, I'm suddenly all preoccupied with so many other things to think about, plan, negotiate and imagine. Like a good former academic, I've been staring at my belly button for the last few months. You see, my innie is turning into an outie.

Seriously.

I'm pregnant!! and that fact has taken up a lot of my creative energy over the last few months, not that I haven't been cooking. One of these days, I'll give you a fabulous recipe for papaya-yogurt-rose water smoothie that's guaranteed (well, maybe not guaranteed) to make you forget your morning sickness. Then there's the tips on delicious and lysteria-free cheeses. I swear that French goat cheese made with pasteurized milk when eaten with "Cruscarelli" bran bread sticks tastes like the best Cheetos ever without the post-apocalyptic bright orange stains on your fingertips.

Anyway, I'll be back soon!

17 Comments:

Blogger Cherry said...

Ohhh!!! Congratulations!

Any odd craving creations being whipped up?

6:22 PM  
Blogger Proud Italian Cook said...

Hi Susan, How exciting! Congratulations to you and your Hubby! Hope you are passed morning sickness by now, and up to blogging a little. You've been missed. Please keep us updated on your precious news!

9:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susan, anything you need, you know how to find me! Unfortunately I gave away all my baby stuff when we moved in Novemeber, but I can help you shop!

10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay! What wonderful news! A bambino! (or bambina!)
Take good care and keep us updated :)

10:26 PM  
Blogger kimba said...

Hugs from California! How exciting!

4:42 AM  
Blogger Maddy said...

Congratulations!!!

6:10 AM  
Blogger nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

wow!! Congrats.

4:52 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Oh my! Congratulations! I hope the morning sickness goes away and that you have a smooth and wonderful pregnancy.

10:44 AM  
Blogger Beenzzz said...

Congratulations! Do keep us up to date! :)

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, congrats, how exciting!
I found your blog thanks to Proud Italian Cook, so you live in Milan...I'm near Bologna, but I'll move soon to low Piedmont.
I'd be happy to stay in touch, I'm going to add you in my blogroll, ciao =)

Desi
http://theitalianvoice.today.com

8:17 PM  
Blogger Susan in Italy said...

Hi Everybody, Gosh, thanks for all your well wishing! I'll let you know how things develop.

Thanks Joanne for the offer of information, which I'm sorely in need of. "Where to buy..." goes through my mind a lot these days and I'm clueless.

Hi Desi, thanks for stopping by - Good luck on the move to Piedimonte!

8:36 PM  
Blogger Cecilia said...

what wonderful news!!
We had our little Ale just a year ago so I have some baby stuff, let me know if you are interested :)

4:11 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

How wonderful! Many congratulations.

10:31 AM  
Blogger liberal army wife said...

Well... you leave us wondering, and then here you are, "knocked up" and all... jeez.

seriously, congratulations. eat much gelato - as my nonna used to say "Mangia - Filia- Mangia - it's good for you!

LAW

11:47 PM  
Blogger hellomelissa said...

pregnancy rocks. enjoy it, and CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS!!!!! i couldn't be more happy for you.

9:25 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Yay! You're back! And with wonderful, exciting news.
Congratulations Susan!

4:53 PM  
Blogger Tracie P. said...

auguri!!! tanti tanti auguri!

3:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats